ISSN 2398-2950      

Antifreeze (ethylene glycol) poisoning in your cat

ffelis
Contributor(s):

Vetstream Ltd

Nicola Bates


Antifreeze (ethylene glycol) poisoning in your cat

Antifreeze is one of a number of products containing ethylene glycol which is very toxic to cats. If you suspect your cat has had access to anything containing ethylene glycol you must seek immediate veterinary attention. Some cats treated within 3 hours of drinking the poison will survive but if treatment is delayed almost all cats will die.

How might my cat access the poison?

This article is available in full to registered subscribers

Sign up now to obtain ten tokens to view any ten Vetlexicon articles, images, sounds or videos, or Login

How much antifreeze does it take to make a cat ill?

This article is available in full to registered subscribers

Sign up now to obtain ten tokens to view any ten Vetlexicon articles, images, sounds or videos, or Login

How would I know if my cat had been poisoned?

This article is available in full to registered subscribers

Sign up now to obtain ten tokens to view any ten Vetlexicon articles, images, sounds or videos, or Login

How would my vet know if my cat has been poisoned?

This article is available in full to registered subscribers

Sign up now to obtain ten tokens to view any ten Vetlexicon articles, images, sounds or videos, or Login

Will my cat get better?

This article is available in full to registered subscribers

Sign up now to obtain ten tokens to view any ten Vetlexicon articles, images, sounds or videos, or Login

Want more related items, why not contact us

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

We have an ever growing content library on Vetlexicon so if you ever find we haven't covered something that you need please fill in the form below and let us know!

 
 
 
 

To show you are not a Bot please can you enter the number showing adjacent to this field

 Security code