Felis ISSN 2398-2950
Contributor(s): Karen Lawrence, Vetstream Ltd, Rosemary Fisher
- Breed originated as a natural outdoor cat in Russia (Russia's native forest cat).
- First imported in 1990 but breed has been around for at least 1,000 years.
- Semi-longhair distinctive water-resistant coat; rich full coat in winter and shorter, less dense coat in summer.
- Very agile (great jumpers) and loyal.
- Affectionate and loyal.
- Require great deal of grooming. Seasonal moults in spring and autumn.
This article is available in full to registered subscribers
Sign up now to purchase a 30 day trial, or
Other sources of information
- Visit the Cat Fanciers' Association website to search for details of CFA Affiliated cat clubs -www.cfa.org.