Felis ISSN 2398-2950
Contributor(s): Leslie A Lyons, Vetstream Ltd
- Originated in Washington State, USA in 1985.
- The Pixiebob is the only breed that allows polydactyly, cats with more than the usual 5 toes on the front paws and 4 on the back.
- Tails can be of varying lengths.
- Visually similar to the North American Bobcat yet has an very affectionate, trusting nature. People-oriented and active.
- Little grooming needed for shorthaired variety and once a week for longhaired.
This article is available in full to registered subscribers
Sign up now to purchase a 30 day trial, or
- Lettice L A, Hill A E, Devenney P S, Hill R E (2008) Point mutations in a distant sonic hedgehog cis-regulator generate a variable regulatory output responsible for preaxial polydactyly. Hum Mol Genet 17(7), 978-985 PubMed.
Other sources of information
- Visit the Cat Fanciers' Association website to search for details of CFA Affiliated cat clubs -www.cfa.org.
- Visit The International Cat Association website for details on the breed standards -tica.org.
- Visit the Governing Council of the Cat Fancy website to search for details of GCCF Affiliated cat clubs - www.gccfcats.org.