Felis ISSN 2398-2950
Contributor(s): Vetstream Ltd, Rosemary Fisher
- First discovered in a feral colony in USA in 2010, a result of a natural recessive mutation.
- Breed name recognized by the GCCF in October 2017, and granted Preliminary recognition in February 2020.
- Breed name derives from Greek for wolves, a reference to the cat's appearance which is thought to resemble a werewolf.
- Active and outgoing. Likes to interact with other cats and humans.
- Intelligent and affectionate.
- Can moult twice a year which can leave them looking nearly hairless.
This article is available in full to registered subscribers
Sign up now to purchase a 30 day trial, or
Other sources of information
- Visit the Cat Fanciers' Association website to search for details of CFA Affiliated cat clubs: www.cfa.org.