Felis ISSN 2398-2950
Contributor(s): Karen Lawrence, Vetstream Ltd
- First came from naturally occurring mutation in 1982 in a brown tabbly barn cat. Mutation produces both long and shorthaired cats.
- Kittens can be born with any one of three coat types: straight haired, curly coated, or bald. Kittens born with straight hair will generally maintain the straight hair throughout life while the curly coated or bald kittens will be curly coated as adult.
- Coat texture is distinctly different from that of any Rex mutation and will vary within the breed.
- Whiskers are very long and curly, ear furnishings and eyebrow hairs may also curl.
- Gentle and affectionate personality but also very active.
- Generally quiet-voiced but may be vocal when wanting attention.
- Shed very little so good choice for those with mild allergies. Little grooming needed.
This article is available in full to registered subscribers
Sign up now to purchase a 30 day trial, or
Other sources of information
- Visit the Cat Fanciers' Association website to search for details of CFA Affiliated cat clubs -www.cfa.org.
- La Perm Society of America: www.lapermcats.com/.