Felis ISSN 2398-2950
Synonym(s): Spotted Mist
Contributor(s): Vetstream Ltd, Rosemary Fisher
- Originally known as the Spotted Mist, the breed was started in Australia in 1977 from a combination of the Burmese Burmese (50%) and Abyssinian Abyssinian (25%) breeds, outcrossed to Domestic shorthaired (25%). Arrived in UK in 2007.
- Accepted at championship status by the World Cat Federation. Accepted by The International Cat Association (TICA) in 2014 and has had championship status with the UK's Governing Council of the Cat Fancy (GCCF) since 2017.
- Tolerant of handling, they can be excellent indoor cats; some can be trained to go for walks on a lead. Excellent temperament.
- Average life expectancy 15-18 years.
This article is available in full to registered subscribers
Sign up now to purchase a 30 day trial, or
Other sources of information
- Visit the Cat Fanciers' Association website to search for details of CFA Affiliated cat clubs: www.cfa.org.