Felis ISSN 2398-2950
Contributor(s): Vetstream Ltd
- Developed in the UK from descendants of a cross between a Siamese Siamese and an Abyssinian Abyssinian which carried the long hair gene.
- Essentially a semi-longhaired, man-made breed of Oriental type, they may be outcrossed to Orientals Oriental shorthair, Siamese Siamese and Balinese Balinese.
- Known as Javanese , Mandarin or Oriental Longhair overseas.
- Provisional status from June 1998.
- Oriental in temperament and voice.
- Needs little grooming.
This article is available in full to registered subscribers
Sign up now to purchase a 30 day trial, or
Other sources of information
- Visit the Cat Fanciers' Association website to search for details of CFA Affiliated cat clubs - www.cfa.org.
- Visit the Governing Council of the Cat Fancy website to search for details of GCCF Affiliated cat clubs - www.gccfcats.org.