Felis ISSN 2398-2950
Contributor(s): Vetstream Ltd
- Originally known as the Domestic Shorthair, but has been known as the American Shorthair since registration with the CFA (Cat Fanciers Association) in 1965.
- Bred as a working cat, clearing ships of rats, the American Shorthair embodies power, endurance and agility.
- An independent, 'outdoor' cat, he thrives on hunting and play, yet makes an easy going and affectionate companion.
- Needs little grooming.
This article is available in full to registered subscribers
Sign up now to purchase a 30 day trial, or
Other sources of information
- Visit the Cat Fanciers' Association website to search for details of CFA Affiliated cat clubs -www.cfa.org.
- Visit the Governing Council of the Cat Fancy website to search for details of GCCF Affiliated cat clubs - www.gccfcats.org.